Click the images to visit each region
|The Borders||Central Scotland|
|Dumfries & Galloway||Edinburgh|
|The Highlands||The Lothians|
Latest Articles From Regions Across Scotland
- The Best Midge Repellent To Use in ScotlandMidges are small biting insects found in the Scottish Highlands and the west coast of Scotland. They are only 1-3 mm in size but they gather in large swarms near water and damp ground in the early morning and evening. Midge bites are initially quite painful and they quickly develop into itchy red skin blotches that can easily break and become infected if scratched hard. The most effective protection against midges is to use a body lotion that blocks their antennae receptors.
- The Best Outdoor Winter Activities in ScotlandWinter is an amazing time to be in Scotland, especially if you love exploring the great outdoors. There’s something magical about the country when winter visits and there are more things to do in this season than you might expect. In this article I’ll show you the top activities to enjoy in Scotland between November and March whether you want to see wildlife, go on an invigorating walk or take part in exciting sports, along with a couple of other winter activities that just might surprise you.
- Tips to Save Money on a Trip to ScotlandScotland can be an expensive place to visit and unfortunately the price of everything from admission tickets to petrol seems to be reaching new wallet-destroying levels with each passing year. In this article you’ll discover tips and tricks to save money on a trip to Scotland whether you’re travelling by car or train, staying in a top-notch hotel or a budget hostel, and eating in a posh restaurant or snacking on a takeaway burger.
- 10 Fun Date Ideas for Couples in ScotlandWith a country as beautiful as Scotland you might find yourself struggling to choose the perfect destination for your next date. In this article you’ll discover a collection of fun, exciting and slightly unusual date suggestions that are guaranteed to be a memorable experience for both of you, whether it’s winter or summer in the cities or the Highlands.
- Tips for a Cheap Weekend Break in ScotlandIn this article you’ll find a collection of recommended places to visit on a weekend break in Scotland that are perfect for families, couples and solo explorers alike. They all have free admission and are guaranteed not to break the bank. You’ll also find tips on how to save money on accommodation as well as suggestions for saving money on transport.
- How To Tour Scotland in Winter: Travel Tips & AdviceThere are many things that can disrupt a winter tour of Scotland, with sub-zero temperatures, short daylight hours and treacherous icy roads causing mayhem for the unwary traveller. In this article you’ll find a collection of useful travel tips and advice that will help you tour Scotland in winter whether you’re going on a Highland road trip or a weekend city break.