Dean Village in Edinburgh is famous for its beautiful buildings. See why you HAVE to visit it.
Last updated on May 28th, 2020
Visit The Best Scottish Attractions
- The Complete Guide to Visiting Dunnottar Castle in GrampianDunnottar Castle is set on a dramatic clifftop overlooking the North Sea near the coastal town of Stonehaven. The 15th-century castle was the home of the Earls Marischal and it offers a fascinating glimpse into Scotland’s past.
- The Complete Guide to Visiting Dalkeith Country Park in MidlothianThe historic county of Midlothian seems to be permanently out of favour with visiting tourists – mainly due to the fact that it borders Edinburgh and most sightseers have already got their hands full trying to fit in as many city attractions as possible before hopping on the coach to their next destination.
- The Complete Guide to Visiting Burncrooks Reservoir near GlasgowThe John Muir Way is one of Scotland’s greatest trails, running across the country from Helensburgh on the west coast to Dunbar on the east.
- The Complete Guide to Visiting Dean Village in EdinburghIf you were to follow the Water of Leith through Edinburgh you’d eventually arrive at one of the most beautiful areas in the entire city – the tranquil green oasis known as Dean Village.
- The Complete Guide to Visiting Jupiter Artland near EdinburghIt was with great pleasure that I happened to stumble upon Jupiter Artland recently, a contemporary sculpture park near Edinburgh that gave me one of the biggest surprises I’ve had in a long time.
- The Complete Guide to Visiting The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art in EdinburghWhile the Scottish National Gallery and the Scottish National Portrait Gallery are easily accessible from the city centre, the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art is located slightly further afield to the west of Dean Village, so it’s a little bit inaccessible to unfamiliar visitors.
- Where Are The Best Forest Walks in Scotland?Discover the best forest and woodland walks in Scotland with this in-depth guide that covers their locations, facilities, paths and wildlife. Plus, learn why walking is good for you, what you should wear, and which animals you need to keep an eye open for.
- Where Can I See Highland Cows in Scotland?Highland Cows are a Scottish breed of rustic cattle known for their thick, shaggy coats that enable them to survive in the harshest of temperatures. In this article you’ll learn all about the ‘Heilan Coo’ and discover the best places in Scotland to see them.
- Where Can I See Puffins in Scotland?Everybody loves puffins. There’s something about their oversized heads and brightly-coloured stripy beaks and that makes them impossibly endearing. In this article I’ll show you the best places to see these fascinating seabirds.
- What Are the Best Souvenirs to Buy in Scotland?So you’re nearing the end of your Scotland holiday and getting ready to pack… but then you suddenly realise you haven’t bought any souvenirs to take back home. Doh! Well don’t worry, because in this comprehensive guide I’ll show you the best souvenirs to buy as well where to get them from.
- 12 Essential Things to Know Before You Visit EdinburghEdinburgh. City of cobbled streets, winding alleyways and gothic architecture. This is the second most popular city in Britain after London so you might need a bit of help to plan your visit – which is exactly where this article comes in.
- How Much Does it Cost to Visit Scotland in 2020?A holiday in Scotland can be expensive. There are flights, accommodation each night, meals every day, attraction tickets, and travel between destinations. See how much it all costs in this comprehensive guide.
Visit the Out About Scotland Gift Shop – SALE NOW ON