Last updated on April 20th, 2021
Hello, and welcome to Out About Scotland, your guide to finding the best things to do in Scotland.
I’m Craig, I’ve travelled all over the world but I’ve now settled in Edinburgh thanks to my family history that has its roots firmly buried in bonny Scotland.
I created this website with one purpose in mind – to help you find the very best Scottish attractions. My mission is to provide you with all the information you need to find things to do in Scotland and give you lots of ideas for amazing experiences to enjoy while you’re here.
- Tips & Advice For Visiting Islay
- Summer in Scotland – The Best Places To Visit
- Tips & Advice For Visiting Edinburgh
- The Best Gifts & Souvenirs To Buy in Scotland
I started outaboutscotland.com after becoming fed up with trying to find new places to visit in Scotland but then becoming overwhelmed by the amount of information on the internet.
I found that a web search for Scottish attractions brings up a dozen or more search results, and choosing one to visit means you have to trawl through each website to discover the location, opening times and details on what it’s all about.
While there are a few sites out there that try to give you some of this information I found they’re quite difficult to navigate, so I figured I could do better myself.
Due to the fact that I’ve travelled so much around Scotland I’ve got the experience and knowledge to share the very best places to visit with you, and I promise that I’ve personally visited each featured Scottish attraction so my reviews are genuine.
And unlike some of the large corporate travel sites I can also show you all the little hidden-away gems that are off the standard tourist trails.
On the front page you’ll find tourist attractions in Scotland listed by region and category, and an interactive map will help you see where each attraction is located.
If you have any suggestions for the website or you’d like to contact me for marketing purposes please get in touch and I’ll be sure to respond as quickly as possible.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy exploring!
P.s. If you’re a tourist attraction operator and you are interested in getting a customised, high-definition virtual tour of your attraction to display on your website and share on social media take a look at my commercial virtual tour website – Vartour.com.
My latest posts
- Red Squirrels in Scotland – The Ultimate GuideRed squirrels may be declining in other parts of the UK but here in Scotland we have healthy – and even growing – populations that are estimated to exceed 120,000 animals. Discover exactly where red squirrels like to live, what you should feed them and the threats they face in this ultimate guide.
- A Guide To The Best Forests in ScotlandDiscover the best forest and woodland walks in Scotland with this in-depth guide that covers their locations, facilities, paths and wildlife. Plus, learn why walking is good for you, what you should wear, and which animals you need to keep an eye open for.
- Where To See Highland Cows in ScotlandHighland Cows are a Scottish breed of rustic cattle known for their thick, shaggy coats that enable them to survive in the harshest of temperatures. In this article you’ll learn all about the ‘Heilan Coo’ and discover the best places in Scotland to see them.
- Where To See Puffins in ScotlandEverybody loves puffins. There’s something about their oversized heads and brightly-coloured stripy beaks and that makes them impossibly endearing. In this article I’ll show you the best places to see these fascinating seabirds.