Hello, and welcome to Out About Scotland, your guide to finding the best things to do in Scotland.
I’m Craig, I’ve travelled all over the world but I now live in Edinburgh thanks to my family history that has its roots firmly buried in bonny Scotland.
I created this website with one purpose in mind – to help you find the very best Scottish attractions. My mission is to provide you with all the information you need to find things to do in Scotland and give you lots of ideas for amazing experiences to enjoy while you’re here.
- Tips to Save Money on a Trip to Scotland
- Tips for a Cheap Weekend Break in Scotland
- How To Tour Scotland in Winter: Travel Tips & Advice
- Tips & Advice For Visiting Islay
I started outaboutscotland.com after becoming fed up with trying to find new places to visit in Scotland but then becoming overwhelmed by the amount of information on the internet.
I found that an internet search for Scottish attractions brings up a dozen or more results, and trying to choose one means you have to trawl through each website to discover the location, opening times and details on what it’s all about.
While there are a few sites out there that try to give you some of this information I found they’re quite difficult to navigate, so I figured I could do better myself.
Due to the fact that I’ve travelled so much around Scotland I’ve got the experience and knowledge to share the very best places to visit with you, and I promise that I’ve personally visited each featured Scottish attraction so my reviews are genuine.
I can also show you all the wee hidden-away gems that are off the standard tourist trails as well as the tourist hotspots that are probably already on your ‘must-visit’ list.
If you have any suggestions for the website or you’d like to contact me for marketing purposes please get in touch and I’ll be sure to respond as quickly as possible.
Thanks for stopping by, and happy exploring!
P.s. If you’re a tourist attraction operator and you are interested in getting a customized, high-definition virtual tour of your attraction to display on your website and share on social media take a look at my commercial virtual tour website – Vartour.com.
My latest posts
- Where Can You See the Northern Lights in Scotland?The dancing, skipping, multi-coloured lights of the aurora borealis are caused by charged particles from the sun colliding with the earths magnetic field, and they are most visible in northern countries like Scotland. In this article you’ll discover the best places to view the northern lights in Scotland, as well tips to help you see them and information on Scotland’s fabulous dark sky parks.
- The Ultimate Guide to Munros in ScotlandMunros are mountains in Scotland that are over 3,000 feet in height. They can be found in the Scottish Highlands as well as the Western Isles and Central Scotland. Discover the best Munros to climb, the easiest, the highest and advice for Munro bagging in this ultimate guide.
- The Best Lochs in Scotland: A Visitors GuideThere are more than 30,000 lochs in Scotland and the majority are located in the Scottish Highlands, including the tourist-favourites of Ness, Lomond and Shiel. Discover a collection of wonderful Scottish lochs in this article that delves deep into what makes each one such a special place, along with details of what you can expect to find when you visit them.
- The Best Outdoor Winter Activities in ScotlandWinter is an amazing time to be in Scotland, especially if you love exploring the great outdoors. There’s something magical about the country when winter visits and there are more things to do in this season than you might expect. In this article I’ll show you the top activities to enjoy in Scotland between November and March whether you want to see wildlife, go on an invigorating walk or take part in exciting sports, along with a couple of other winter activities that just might surprise you.