Use of: https://www.outaboutscotland.com
This policy is valid from October 01, 2017
The reading of all information on outaboutscotland.com is of your own free will and while I would love for you to enjoy the site, if you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should cease use of this website immediately. I reserve the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions at any given time on this website. I aim to provide you with accurate information at the time of publishing, but some information will understandably be less accurate as time passes. Should you find any inaccurate information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Unless otherwise noted, I (Craig Smith from outaboutscotland.com) am the legal copyright holder of all (written, multimedia and graphic) material on this website and it may not be used, reprinted, (partially) modified or published without my written consent. A link to outaboutscotland.com must appear in all copies of any artwork or content, including articles and press releases.
Guest bloggers and other contributors to outaboutscotland.com are responsible for their own submitted material on my website. The opinions expressed by any Third Parties are their own and do not represent the position or belief of outaboutscotland.com.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Out About Scotland’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Out About Scotland’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Out About Scotland at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on Out About Scotland’s web site are provided “as is”. Out About Scotland makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Out About Scotland does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
All the information provided on outaboutscotland.com is for general information and entertainment purposes only and is the expressed opinion of myself, Craig Smith and not others. This includes (but is not limited to) my affiliate marketing programs.
Under no circumstances will I be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) whatsoever arising from the use of this site.
In no event shall Out About Scotland or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Out About Scotland’s Internet site, even if Out About Scotland or a Out About Scotland authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
I also reserve the rights to edit or delete any comments submitted to outaboutscotland.com without notice due to: comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam, comments including profanity, comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive or comments that attack a group or person individually.
The materials appearing on Out About Scotland’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Out About Scotland does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Out About Scotland may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Out About Scotland does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Out About Scotland has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Out About Scotland of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
Advertisers and Sponsors
I am not responsible for the actions of my advertisers or sponsors. If you purchase a product or service based upon a link from my website, you must take action with that company to resolve any issues, not outaboutscotland.com.
Any product, claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
To help the website expand and cover costs of running the site, some advertising and affiliate links are run on my website. Affiliate links earn me a small commission on any purchases made when visiting Amazon or other affiliate marketing company after clicking on one of these links. I will do my absolute best to only provide you with information about products that I truly believe in. I will never take your trust for granted. All reviews on my website will be presented honestly and I will disclose whether I will be receiving any commissions or products for free.
Craig Smith is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com or amazon.co.uk.
outaboutscotland.com does not host any of the videos shown on this website. The site does not host any of the content on its own server and it only links to the content uploaded by other users on YouTube.com. This website links to these videos on YouTube.com either directly or by an embed code. We cannot be held liable for content uploaded by members of third-party websites.
outaboutscotland.com is not responsible for what other people upload to third-party sites. We urge all copyright owners to recognise that the links contained within this site are located somewhere else on the internet. If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners/hosts. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, images, copyrighted work, logos etc referenced herein belong to their respective owners/companies.
If a video is violating copyright and you want us to remove that video/content, or if you have any queries, then please contact us via our contact form.
Letters to the Administrator
Any letters, e-mails, blog comments, responses on Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter, or questions written directly to me may be used to share with my blogging audience unless specifically requested otherwise. (Part of) these letters or emails, questions or any other feedback may be used in newsletters, blog posts, columns or up-and-coming books.
Thank you so much for visiting my website,