About Midlothian Snowsports Centre
What’s this attraction all about?
The Midlothian Snowsports Centre, located in the beautiful Pentland Hills area of Edinburgh, offers a variety of fun outdoor sports and activities that the whole family can enjoy – even if it’s the middle of summer and there’s no snow.
The centre features two of the UK’s longest artificial ski slopes, so if you’re an ardent skier there’s no need to feel down just because there’s been a lack of the white stuff. In fact, it’s possible to ski all year round and the centre’s expert instructors are on hand to offer lessons for anyone wanting to brush up on their on-piste skills, whether it’s on a snowboard or traditional pair of ski’s. There are three further nursery slopes for novices and children to practice on, while a separate section of the outdoor area is designated for adrenaline-junkie downhill zorb ball runs and the more family-friendly tube runs.Read more...
What can you do there?
Tubing involves clambering into an inflatable rubber doughnut which has a smooth underside and sliding down a variety of slopes, some twisty-turny and others arrow-straight. It’s an exhilarating ride whichever run you decide to take and it’s also easy enough that any member of the family can take part, mums and dads included. While children under the age of 4 aren’t allowed on the tube runs older children can go wild on the slopes, and protective helmets are provided if you want to keep them safe.
The Midlothian Snowsports Centre has even provided a travelator to help you get back to the top of the mountain-side from the bottom of the tube run, so there’s no need to trudge up the slope for your next go. If you have a group of youngsters to entertain then the centre also offers tubing parties where they can burn off some energy on the slopes for an hour before heading to the party room in the on-site cafe for a meal.
What I liked about this attraction
- It’s great fun!
- If you don’t want to tube you can also take part in ski and snowboard activities
What I didn’t like about this attraction
- I thought it was expensive for an hour-long activity
Midlothian Snowsports Centre,
- Telephone: 0131 445 4433
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: Midlothian Snowsports Centre
Prices and opening times
- Monday – Friday: 9:30am – 9pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 9:30am – 7pm
- Junior Tubing parties: £12.60 per child
- Premium Tubing parties: £14.60 per person
- Pay n Play Tubing: 1-hour session. Sessions start on the hour (last ticket sale 4 pm). Junior: £8.20, Adult: £10.20, Family (2 adults + 3 juniors, or 1 adult + 4 juniors): £36.00